July 28, 2009

Top Chef Masters Ep. 6

Original Air Date: July 22, 2009

1) "Honey bear." Enough said.
2) Why are some chefs so lost in supermarkets? Do they just "shop" in their restaurants' walk-ins? Never cook at home?
3) When Waxman was introduced, I was so not impressed. I've been to Barbuto and was underwhelmed. I also think his protégé Bobby Flay is a hack. He won me over with his dish, though. Sloppy, hearty and honest, it was the kind of plate I'd love to sit down to anytime.
4) Roy Yamaguchi and Michael Cimarusti created these beautiful restrained, ascetic dishes. In any other company, I think they'd have done better. But compared to Smith and Waxman's generous and unaffected plates, they felt stingy.
5) I want to give Gael Greene a makeover! She's always so matchy-matchy. Mix it up a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment