July 12, 2009

La Esquina

Occasion: Birthday brunch for Meredith
Location: La Esquina on Kenmare at Lafayette (esquinanyc.com)
Edibles: pork soft tacos with sliced avocado and a side of scrambled eggs

Musings: The pork tacos were great, topped with shredded cabbage and pickled onions. I had some structural integrity problems, as the pork was very sauce-y, and ended up just eating it with a fork. Meredith got the steak tacos and someone else got the fish tacos and they looked good too.

I thought my mimosa and the avocado were overpriced. Still, the food was yummy and I'd go back.

[Note: I tried calling the restaurant six times throughout the morning to try to confirm the time of the reservation, but wasn't able to get through to a live person at all. While this might be acceptable on a weekend during the dinner rush, it's really not on a Sunday morning.]

No comments:

Post a Comment