July 31, 2009

The House

Occasion: Post-movie (500 Days of Summer) drinks and nibbles with Mamie
Location: The House on E 17th at Irving (thehousenyc.com)
Edibles: Moroccan lamb mini burgers with harissa mint yogurt sauce and a salad of cucumber and heirloom tomatoes

Musings: Great décor and ambiance! I want to say it's like something out of Gatsby, except I don't know that that's the right decade. But hopefully you get the idea.

The sliders were exotic and spicy, and the salad was the perfect summer side, vinegary and refreshing. My only quibble is that this place is a bit pricey. Their smallest unit of wine is the quartino (8 0z) and most of those offerings are just shy of $20. Food ranged from $15-20 for apps and $20-30 for mains. Still, it's a lovely place to visit and I hope I will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment