September 7, 2009

US Open concessions stand

Occasion: US Open with Nellie and Jim - fourth round action, Caroline Wozniacki v. Svetlana Kuznetsova and Novak Djokovic v. Radek Stepanek
Location: Arthur Ashe stadium, promenade concessions stand
Edibles: Coney Island foot-long hot dog

Musings: I had preemptively stuffed myself at Chipotle beforehand but, around 11:00, the munchies struck and I needed a snack. The hot dog was overpriced, but whatever. It's a sports event. It is what it is. (Incidentally, I think they'd sell twice as much if they lowered their prices by a third.)

What really made me cranky was that they refused to give me an empty cup so that I could get some water from the fountain. I think my $6 hot dog entitles me to a damn paper cup, dudes. (Bottles of water were an exorbitant $4 each and I refused to buy one on principle. Well.... that, and I'm a cheap bastard about these kinds of things. Don't judge.)

No comments:

Post a Comment