September 10, 2009

Top Chef Las Vegas Ep. 4

Original Air Date: September 9, 2009

1) Bacon jam! Bacon jam! Oh, did I mention the bacon jam? I want some NOW.
2) That was one very specific Quickfire. I can see how one could be a legitimate chef, yet never cooked this particular protein. What are escargot like to cook? Clams and mussels? Calamari?
3) I'm sure the winning trout was delicious and all but that plate looked so empty and sad to me. I'm not a fan of that modernist, one-bite-of-food business.
4) Wow, that table of guests was a pantheon of French culinary gods. (Short just Eric Ripert.) I went to Joël Robuchon's restaurant in Paris and it was one of the top three meals of my life. Be still my heart... The cheftesants were rightly terrified to be cooking for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment