September 10, 2009

Top Chef Las Vegas Ep. 3

Original Air Date: September 2, 2009

1) It happened here first - a contestant is part of the winning group, then ALSO part of the losing group. It happened again on Project Runway the very next day. Both Mike I. and Mitchell were rightly called out for their nonexistent contributions to the winning dish and dresses, respectively. It takes a special sort of talent, guys.
2) New England-style clam chowder is the last thing I'd want to eat on a hot day in the desert. Completely inappropriate in terms of seasonality. Also, I don't know why Jesse was so strident about the one pot Mattin was using. If you're in a hurry to reduce something, doesn't the larger surface area of a wok actually work better?
3) Man, that pasta salad was pathetic. Grocery store deli counter amateur hour. At the very least, they could have made a pesto sauce or something. Preeti, you lost me with the clueless clam shucking and never showed me anything to prove my first impressions wrong. See ya.
4) Kudos to Jennifer for a heroic performance in a completely invisible role.

No comments:

Post a Comment