September 20, 2009

Good Enough to Eat

Occasion: Brunch with Yining (after successfully getting Tosca tickets but unsuccessfully trying to run several other errands)
Location: Good Enough to Eat on Amsterdam between 83rd and 84th (goodenoughtoeat.com)
Edibles: the Deep South (scrambled eggs with biscuits, topped with sausage gravy) for me; BLT omelet (bacon, tomato and Gruyère - no lettuce) for Yining

Musings: I have no personal connection whatsoever to the South but I sure do love their food - deep-fried, generously buttered, blanketed in gravy, festooned with bacon.... and sometimes all of the above!

Whenever I find myself on the UWS for cat-sitting or whatnot, I try to work in a stop at Good Enough to Eat. There's usually a long line outside. (Of locals, might I add. Never trust a line of tourists.) If you're willing to sit at the bar, the wait will be greatly truncated - Yining and I were seated within 10 minutes.

My CLS girls picked this place for PA's final NYC meal. That should give you some idea of how highly we regard it. On occasions like that, I usually stick my fork into everyone's plate whether they like it or not. So I've sampled a lot of their brunch offerings, even though I always order the Deep South for myself. I mean, sausage gravy!! Need I say more?

Besides the sausage gravy that haunts my dreams, the biscuits are great, the pancakes are great and they have bacon waffles on the menu. Gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment