August 20, 2009

Top Chef Las Vegas Ep. 1

Original Air Date: August 19, 2009

1) I liked how broad the challenge was. I think it makes sense to give the cheftestants a lot of latitude early on to do their thing. Later on, throw 'em some curveballs.
2) Jennifer C. - learn how to pronounce "ceviche," woman! How could you train under Eric Ripert (<bowing down in worship>) and not know that? She also seems really intense and kind of socially awkward - not like Ripert at all. I think she'll go pretty far, though. Unlike Preeti, who can't shuck 15 clams to save her life.
3) There are some real sluggers on this season. In addition to an ever-increasing percentage of restaurant owners and executive chefs, there are three James Beard nominees and a Michelin star recipient! Is it even fair for such seasoned pros to be on this show?
4) Mattin is on par to become this season's Fabio. (Btw, red neckerchief? How is this guy not gay?)
5) I'm glad Jennifer Z. got sent home - I won't have to look at her stretched-out earlobes for the rest of the season. They gave me the willies.

No comments:

Post a Comment