August 8, 2009

Boka

Occasion: Dinner with Amy
Location: Boka on St Marks between 2nd and 3rd
Edibles: Bon Chon Korean fried chicken (of course!); scallop appetizer; tuna-kimchi roll; shrimp and crab (called Boston) roll

Musings: We shared the cocktail special which was basically a bottle of soju poured into a hollowed-out watermelon with some watermelon juice and Sprite. It was a smallish watermelon, but the cocktail basically filled it to the brim. Our waiter described it as serving 3-4. We polished it off by ourselves. Let's just say we were pretty giggly by the end.

I'm a little bit at a loss to adequately describe the magnificence of Korean fried chicken. I'll try. It's incredibly crispy, juicy, delicious... nope, words fail me. Just try it. Seriously.

I thought the scallop app was sort of meh. The sushi was not cheap - about $10 per roll - but it was a pretty generous size. Amy liked the kimchi roll better; I liked the Boston roll better. Fun dinner overall.

[Note: By request, I will mention that we went to Bar 82 afterwards and played a game of pool. Amy kicked ass.]

No comments:

Post a Comment