August 7, 2009

Scuderia

Occasion: Long overdue dinner with my girls, Abby and Elizabeth
Location: Scuderia on Downing at 6th Ave (scuderianyc.com)
Edibles: shared Piccante pizza (spicy pork sausage, taleggio, rucola) to start; I had the pepper pappardelle with beef cheek ragu; Abby had the panzanella (tomato, cucumber and onion salad with big croutons); Elizabeth had the bucatini all'amatriciana bianca with guanciale and pecorino; shared ice-cream sundae for dessert

Musings: I was so psyched to see my girls that the food could have been terrible and it still would have been a good night. Happily, the food at Scuderia was excellent. The pizza was spicy but not too spicy for me to enjoy, wimp that I am. My pappardelle was fantastic - silky, fat ribbons of al dente pasta mixed with a hearty, meaty ragu. Loved it! Elizabeth's pasta (which I ate about half of) was also tasty, but I missed the tomatoes of a classic amatriciana.

I would definitely go back to the restaurant, but the company really made the night. As we sipped our wine and munched our way through dinner, we laughed, gabbed and weighed in on all sorts of miscellaneous topics. Girlfriends are the best. Ladies, we have to get together more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment