October 29, 2009

Martha Stewart Living Cookbook Vols I and II


Martha Stewart Living Cookbook Vol I: The Original Classics
Martha Stewart Living Cookbook Vol II: The New Classics


My review: 4.5/5 stars

These are my other stalwart cookbooks. I picked them up used at The Strand a few years ago. I paid something like $12 apiece, and they've since proven themselves invaluable. Say what you will about her morals or her personality, Martha Stewart know how to cook and she runs a tight ship at MSL. I'm sure their test kitchens rival DuPont's labs for method and precision. And while my own cooking style might generously be labeled "freestyle," I appreciate that level of attention to detail.

The very thorough and descriptive indexes are a large part of the reason these two books make such excellent reference sources. Use the index in the second (blue) volume; it cross-references all of the recipes in the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment