July 20, 2010

Top Chef DC, Ep. 5

Original Air Date: July 14, 2010


1) Some pretty graphic stuff in the Quickfire - crabs being chopped in half, still twitching, Ed is baking them alive, someone's boiling them alive. Though I guess I shouldn't talk, lobster serial killer that I am.
2) Best line of the episode - Angelo: "Well, I had crabs. It just brought back bad memories." HA!
3) Tim's dish was basically my default roasted veg for, like, every dinner party I have. He should have thrown some apples in there, or an interesting spice. Something. You're a chef, dude. Also, the care you take when you cut something that you intend to serve that way is very different than when you intend to purée it. I can't believe he thought he'd sneak that by the judges.
4) Broccoli couscous - I like it. Simple, visually appealing. Will probably be appearing at a dinner party in the near future.
5) More love for Eric Ripert. It's obvious he knows food and has high standards, but he's always so measured and diplomatic with his comments. I want him to talk foodie to me. And he's a snazzy dresser too!

No comments:

Post a Comment