November 22, 2009

Top Chef Las Vegas Ep. 12

Original Air Date: November 18, 2009

1) They hyped it pretty hardcore for this episode, but the Bocuse d'Or seems to celebrate a rather passé style of cooking to me. I mean, mirrored platters?
2) OK, so Padma's only a pseudo-judge but what an awesome moment when she tasted Jen's Quickfire dish and said, "Welcome back."
3) Eli obviously didn't read Jay Rayner's rant on the Scotch egg after Art Smith made it on Masters.
4) ... And Kevin didn't watch the last season, when Carla's ill-advised sous-vide steak basically sunk her. I was super nervous for him but he pulled out the win! I'm just glad he's still in it, considering the risks he took in this challenge. I think of all the chefs, I'd most like to eat in Kevin's restaurant.
5) Were the judges being extra-picky or did four of the five (if you include the bone in Mike's salmon) really flub their proteins? It really does seem like they're holding these guys up to a much higher standard than in previous seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment