June 11, 2020

Banana Pancakes for one

Ingredients
1 ripe banana
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla (I swapped it out for Kahlua)
3 tbsp flour
splash of milk to thin

Directions

I used a ricer on the banana but you can also just mash it. Add baking powder and flavoring. Beat in the egg. Add flour, mix in. Thin with milk to desired consistency. (You want it to have body, but puddle out slightly when you spoon it into your skillet.)

Griddle on low in a neutral flavored oil, approx. 3 min per side, until golden brown.

Makes six palm-sized pancakes. The smaller size makes it easier to flip. I use a quarter cup measure as my scoop.

This recipe doubles easily. For larger amounts, know that there are 4 tbsp in 1/4 cup.

Variations: So I started looking at a two-ingredient pancake recipe (banana and egg) and I just couldn't bear to make pancakes without flour, which led me to this recipe. I happened to have milk today, but I also keep powdered milk on hand, which should also work. Probably also thinned out yogurt, non-dairy milks and even water could do in a pinch.

The source recipe claims that you can leave out the baking powder, but the price is some of the fluffy texture. The flour can be swapped with coconut flour for a gluten-free version. And the flavoring is entirely optional. I bet some citrus zest would be delicious too.


No comments:

Post a Comment