January 15, 2011

Five Points

Occasion: Dinner with the girls - Abby, Jill and Elizabeth
Location: Five Points on Great Jones between Lafayette and Bowery (fivepointsrestaurant.com)
Edibles: I had a couple of raw oysters, followed by the spaghetti and meatball special; the girls shared two pizzas

Musings: Meh. Five Points is a restaurant that I occasionally myself dining at, simply because the reservations are easily had. I think the food is okay at best and overpriced for sure.

One of the pizzas smelled so strongly of truffles it was almost nauseating. Jill agreed it was heavy-handed.

My oysters were good. But they don't really get credit for that - they're not cooked at all, are they? The meatballs in my dish were tough and gamey. I wasn't impressed by the homemade pasta either; I've honestly had dried pasta that was better.

[Postscript: Take a pass on this place and go to Great Jones Cafe instead. Better food and cheaper too.]

No comments:

Post a Comment