August 27, 2009

Luna Piena

Occasion: Dinner with Kathy and Atticus
Location: Luna Piena on 53rd between 2nd and 3rd (lunapienanyc.com)
Edibles: spaghetti and meatballs for me; linguine alle vongole for Kathy; risotto primavera for Atticus

Musings
: It was a gorgeous evening, just perfect for the open-air back area of Luna Piena. They've renovated! I almost didn't recognize the place when I arrived.

Despite the unfortunate associations with the Death Star (just up the block), I had a great night. As always, it was fun catching up with Kathy and Atticus. We had a spirited debate about my taste (or lack thereof) in film and made tentative plans to meet up for Psycho at the AMC Village 7 on Labor Day weekend.

Luna Piena isn't anything to write home about but they poured my pinot grigio with a generous hand and the tomato sauce on my pasta was unexpected fresh and bright. A decent choice if you're looking for outdoor (sort of) dining in midtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment