July 9, 2009

Mary's Fish Camp

Occasion: Lunch with Bess
Location: Mary's Fish Camp on Charles at W 4th (marysfishcamp.com)
Edibles: salad of romaine hearts, cucumber and avocado with green goddess dressing; lobster roll (photo courtesy of Bess' iPhone); mini hot fudge sundae

Musings: Bess and I shared the salad to start. It was decent enough, but the dressing had a touch too much of one herb (I think it was tarragon?) for my taste.

The lobster roll? All I can say is, "Glorious, glorious!!" This is some top quality stuff - huge chunks of perfectly-cooked lobster, creamy dressing, on a buttery brioche bun. My only complaint is that it didn't come as a pair! A tart, icy Arnold Palmer complemented.

The mini hot fudge sundae, topped with fresh whipped cream and a shard of peanut brittle, which we also shared, was the perfect finish to a decadent lunch.

With its consistent excellence, Mary's easily holds its place as one of my top NYC restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment